Cooking is one of life’s many pleasures!
Every bite of food, from the first to the last bite, is supposed to help fuel our bodies with energy that we need to stay in motion. Unfortunately – many of our diets consist of fried, fatty foods. GMOs, saturated fat, and a buildup of salt that can greatly affect our health.
Dr. Hidemitsu Hayashi M.D., Director of the Water Institute in Tokyo, stresses the importance of using alkaline water to flush the body of the unhealthy buildup that we’ve created by eating a diet full of fried, fatty foods.
Dr. Hayashi says, “Bad diets [colas, fried foods, acidic salts, etc.] can often leave deposits in the body. These deposits can stay stored away in the body for years, decades. The consumption of ionized alkaline water can help to gently wash away this build up.”
What you choose to put into your body is so vital because the battle for your health and your wellness is fought in the kitchen. Your greatest weapon in this fight for health and wellness is alkaline water from water ionizers.
The essential health benefits that you can receive from drinking hydrogen-rich alkaline water are very much present when you use hydrogen water for cooking. By buying a water ionizer for your home, you can make the health benefits of alkaline water more readily available to drink and cook with on a regular basis.
There so many ways to use alkaline water for cooking. In this article, we will cover 10 ways in which you can use alkaline water in your cooking.
We’ve broken them down into three main categories below:
- Food preparation with water ionizers
- Cooking methods with alkaline water
- Crafting beverages with alkaline water
Food Preparation with Water Ionizers
What cooking with a HydrogenX water ionizer machine feels like!
Preparation is key before you start cooking any meal – big or small. You need the right ingredients and kitchen tools to make cooking fun and delicious. When it comes to kitchen gadgets, very few stand out as a must-buy gadget like a water ionizer does.
The healthy, affordable way to get alkaline water benefits from your meals is by using your HydrogenX water ionizer in your kitchen. HydrogenX is the first hydrogen water membership in the world!
The HydrogenX machine packs a punch with mega-pure filtration, a small footprint, and better sustainability at an affordable monthly price that establishes HydrogenX as the best budget water ionizer on the market today.
When you prepare food with hydrogen water at a pH level of 8 or 9 from an alkaline water machine, you are improving the quality and taste of your food. Let me explain below:
- Most people clean their food with vinegar or regular tap water. This is not only the least effective cleaning method, but it can also make your food more acidic and harmful to consume. Cleaning your food with alkaline water is a better way to thoroughly clean harmful chemicals from your food, making your food healthier to consume.
- Cleaning your meats and seafood with alkaline water can also have its benefits. Allowing your meat to soak in alkaline water helps to improve the tenderizing process. Additionally, soaking your seafood in alkaline water cuts down on the fishy tastes and odors that can become overpowering in the kitchen and throughout the house.
- Have you noticed that your ingredients are starting to wilt? You can help stall or even revert the damage by soaking your greens and vegetables in alkaline water overnight.
Cooking Methods with Alkaline Water
The most important aspect of cooking is retaining the nutritional value of the food that you cook. This is a common issue found with cooking vegetables.
Many people might assume that just by cooking and eating a vegetable, you are eating healthier. However, how the vegetable is cooked can greatly determine how much nutritional value you are gaining from eating the vegetable.
Cooking your vegetables with hydrogen water from your HydrogenX water ionizer can help retain the nutritional value of vegetables and other types of food below:
- Vegetables: Alkaline water helps to remove bitterness, enhance the flavor, and improve the natural coloring of the vegetable.
- Rice, Beans, & Grains: Soaking rice and lentils in alkaline water can improve their taste and their composition. Rice and lentils soaked in alkaline water for 20-30 minutes prior to cooking are often fluffier and found to retain seasoning better.
- Soups, Stocks, & Stews: Substituting regular tap water for alkaline water when making your stews, stocks, and soups will help to enhance flavor extraction and improve the nutrient source.
Crafting Beverages with Alkaline Water
- Drinking Water: Transitioning from drinking glasses of regular tap water or bottled water that’s been sitting in a hot truck to drinking glasses of alkaline water can help boost your immune system and promote a healthier lifestyle.
- Coffee & Teas: Using alkaline water to brew coffee and teas can extract a better flavor and remove the bitterness that’s often found in brewed coffee and teas.
- Smoothies: Alkaline water can work well in any smoothie, fruit or vegetable. Green smoothies tend to work best with alkaline water because adding alkalinity to acidic leafy greens helps to boost their nutrients.
- Ice Cubes: Enhance the pH balance of any glass of water or beverage with ice cubes from your water ionizer. Simply make alkaline water and store the water in an ice cube tray in your freezer.
One of the biggest reasons that hydrogen water is such a great cooking ingredient is because hydrogen water retains the nutrients found in the food. In particular – hydrogen water from a water ionizer helps to enhance the nutrients that are already found in your favorite fruits and vegetables.
Now that you have learned about some of the ways that you can use alkaline water for cooking – it’s time to consider changing the way you cook!
Signing up for a monthly subscription with HydrogenX will provide you with unlimited access to hydrogen water to cook with from our water ionizer, as well as free filters 2x a year for the life of your membership. On top of that – our outstanding customer service and support will help take care of any maintenance that your HydrogenX machine may need.
Start making healthier choices in the kitchen today and choose delicious, alkaline, hydrogen water from HydrogenX for your next recipe.
To get started – take our quiz to receive your FREE water quality report instantly that will highlight the quality of your local water.
The sooner you learn more about your local water supply, the sooner you can start changing the way you cook!